In this comprehensive tutorial, you will learn how to use our powerful ConDoc 2D drafting system to create existing conditions drawings based on field notes. Whether you are an architect, draftsman, or someone interested in architectural documentation, this step-by-step guide will equip you with the skills to efficiently convert field notes into accurate 2D drawings.
Specifically, you will learn:
- Setting up the Document: Discover how to start a new document in Layout and utilize an 8.5 by 11 landscape presentation template. Customizing the template with your logo and preparing for the import of field notes.
- Importing Field Notes: Learn where to find and download the necessary field notes JPEG from multiple sources. Import the field notes into Layout, ensuring they are correctly scaled and aligned with the page.
- Organizing Layers: Understand the importance of layers in your drawing. Place the field notes on the Guides layer for reference and ensure it sits at the bottom of the layer stack. Create a clean presentation by using a Clipping Mask to tidy up the image.
- Adding Building Elements: Explore the ConDoc 2D Scrapbook and identify all the building elements required for the drawing. Start by adding walls and openings, accurately placing and scaling them according to the dimensions from the field notes.
- Guidelines and Precision: Master the art of drawing guidelines to assist in precise positioning of elements. Utilize shortcuts to expedite the process without compromising accuracy.
- Doors and Windows: Effortlessly add doors and windows to the drawing, maintaining precise measurements and orientations. Follow techniques to copy, paste, rotate, and flip elements, ensuring a quick and efficient workflow.
- Tolerance and Existing Conditions: Understand the concept of tolerance when creating existing conditions drawings. Recognize that a perfect match may not always be achievable, but a reasonable level of accuracy is acceptable.
By the end of this tutorial, you will have successfully created an existing conditions drawing based on field notes using the ConDoc 2D drafting system. Get ready to say goodbye to the days of struggling with chicken scratch notes and embrace the efficiency and precision of ConDoc 2D drafting system. Let's get started!
Download the field notes here, then follow along...