April 10, 2022 at 4:22 am #30289
I have exported my floor plans to Layout, but when I drop them on my sheet the second floor does not have any interior walls. I checked to make sure the walls were on the correct layer and they were untagged for my condition layer. I changed it to the Condition_New layer and redid my plans to update them, which I am unsure if I needed to but did any way. Regardless my interior walls still do not show up. Am I missing something?
Thank you for your time,
NKApril 10, 2022 at 1:37 pm #30290Mike BrightmanKeymaster
You are right to check layers/tags. Incorrect tagging causes at least 90% of the issues I see. Always revealed through incomplete drawings, missing elements, or strange elements in the middle of a plan.
- Be sure to dig in on all LEVEL, ELEMENT, LOCATION, and CONDITION layers. Verify them all. Have you tried our MOG’s? https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/0984e519-c711-4a41-85e6-2bdd6fcc2f47/ConDoc4ARCHITECT-Model-Organization-Guide
- Go further, are the edges/surfaces of your walls tagged? Sometimes this happens if you had exploded them in a group with a tag applied and exploded
- Go to the second floor plan heavy scene, turn on some tags to see if your walls show… That can point you in the right direction.
- Or share a link and I will take a look.
Let me know if that helps!
MikeApril 11, 2022 at 3:04 am #30292
Thanks for the quick reply. I looked at the second floor plan and it appears all the walls are showing up correctly. I don’t know if it is on Layouts side?
What is the best way to send you a link to the model? Do you mean a 3D warehouse model?
Thanks for your time.
NickApril 11, 2022 at 3:24 am #30293
Here is a link to the model via Google Drive.
Thanks for your help!
NickApril 12, 2022 at 2:15 pm #30294
Any other advice on how to get the interior walls to show up? I checked another model and I am having the same problems, so I am assuming there is something on my end that I am missing on the tag end…
NickApril 12, 2022 at 3:35 pm #30295Mike BrightmanKeymaster
Looks like you have an untagged “Structure_Floor_Second” group within the LEVEL 02 group. Since the Untagged tag is always on in all scenes, this floor system is showing up in the Level 02 – Light viewport and blocking the walls in the Heavy viewport below.
Tag it Level 02/Floors/Interior/New and all is well again! Let me know if that helps…
MikeApril 12, 2022 at 5:42 pm #30296
Awesome. Thank you, sir. I will try it out!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.